- Place of residence: Quito, Ecuador
- Clients: UNDP, UNFPA, Global Water Partnership, PNUMA, Asesoría Ambiental Estratégico, UICN, WWF, Conservation International.
- Email: saraswatirodriguez[at]yahoo[dot]com
Saraswati Rodríguez has worked for over 12 years in international institutions and programs such as UN REDD, UN Women, UNDP, the Initiative for Conservation of the Andean Amazon (ICAA), and in environmental NGOs of Ecuador. She has advised the Ministry of Environment of Ecuador on climate change, REDD+, gender, and safeguards. Her experience on safeguards has taken her to Peru and Colombia where she worked with environmental institutions. She is also an activist for women’s rights.
Saraswati is a specialist in social and environmental safeguards, she has been supporting safeguards initiative for international climate programs, GCF, GEF, FCPF, CCBA standards, gender mainstreaming, gender inequalities and gender policies. She has been involved in Ecuador’s climate change related programs and had a leading role developing the social and environmental safeguards for REDD+ in this country.
Saraswati has a Master’s degree in Socio Environmental Studies by FLACSO Ecuador, and a Bachelor’s
Thematic key areas
- Ecosystem-Based Adaptation Measures
- Sustainable Tourism
Economic Empowerment of women
- Empowerment of Businesswomen
- Private Sector Cooperation
- Private Sector Promotion and Economic Policy
- Trade and Value Chains
- Agricultural innovations
- Sustainable Agriculture
- Basic social security
- Health Insurance
- English B1 Advanced language application
Latin America and the Caribbean
- Central America
- South America